WSO Mist Collector
The Only Mist Collector You Need
The versatile Donaldson WSO Mist Collector provides three filter solutions for water-soluble coolant, straight oil, and the most challenging, oily smoke. The WSO uses revolutionary Synteq XP™ Media Technology engineered for superior draining, resulting in lower pressure drop and longer filter life.
The WSO can be modified with a simple filter change, leading to leaner operation, cost savings and cleaner plant air.
- 3 in 1 solutions for mist applications
- Advanced Synteq XP high efficiency media
- Cross-flow design for better drainage
- Easy to change cartridge filters
- Energy savings
- Continuous-duty design
- Lower life cycle costs
- Quiet operation
- Configurations for machine mounting, floor stands, or ducted central systems
- UL-approved electrical components
The WSO Difference
The WSO mist collector can be configured to meet your facility's requirements: machine mountable, floor-mounted stand, and ducted cellular and central systems.
Easy Filter Maintenance
Differential pressure gauge(s) identifies filter maintenance.
One pivot lever securely retains the primary filter element.
Filter is easily removed.
Simplified servicing means less maintenance time and cost.
3rd Stage: Final Filter (optional)
95% efficient on .3 micron mist and smoke
99.97% efficient on .3 micron mist and smoke
2nd Stage: Primary Filter (select one)
- Synteq XP - W
For mist from water-soluble coolant, Economical, fast draining, for heavy water-based liquid load
- Synteq XP - S
For smoke from machining
Highest efficiency for challenging applications
- Synteq XP - O
For mist from straight oil machining
Efficiency designed for small oil aerosols
1st Stage: Prefilter Options (select one)
- Metal Screen
For heavier dust/grit from wet grinding
- Metal Mesh
For most water-soluble mist
- Polypropylene Mesh
For most straight oil mist
- High Efficiency 1st Stage
For oily smoke
Oblong Cartridges Outperform Traditional Filters
WSO Oblong Filter Shape Features:
- Up to 45% more filter surface area than pocket filters and round cartridges
- Best fit in rectangular cabinet
- Lower pressure drop
- Longer filter life
Cross-flow filter design for better drainage means longer filter life. Dirty air flows horizontally through the walls of the WSO filter, perpendicular to drainage of collected and coalesced mist. This design promotes optimum drainage, which extends filter life and returns collected coolant for re-use. Conventional mist collectors have an upflow design impeding drainage and causing short filter life
Choose the Best Filter for your Application
Typical Particle size:
Typical Particle size:
Typical particle size:
Advanced Filter Media for Mist
Proprietary Synteq XP Media Technology is a revolutionary new media for mist collection that provides high efficiency, low operating pressure drop, and long filter life when compared to traditional media.
This photo from our Scanning Electron Microscope and the illustration show why Synteq XP
Media Technology provides superior performance on mist collection applications.
Synteq XP Media Technology with Resin-Free, Binding Fibres
- Engineered blend of small and large fibres, with proprietary, resin-free bonding system
- Small fibres are scientifically proven to increase efficiency
- Large fibres provide structural support and clear drain channels
- Proprietary bonding system stabilises pore structure for optimum performance